About a week ago I bought a training toilet for Max, just like the one his friend Jasper has. Jasper has amazingly been toilet training himself for several weeks and this last week Max has really gotten interested in watching Jasper use the toilet. Tonight in the bath he announced that he wanted to use a toilet like Jasper, and wear underwear like Jasper. So, after his bath he climbed up on the big toilet (conveniently not using the $30 training toilet) and told his body to go pee. He was pretty proud of himself for sitting on the toilet and got on and off of it several times. He didn't want us to put on his diaper, saying he wants to wear underwear. So, I told him tomorrow we'd go shopping for some. I'm thinking of disposable pull-ups as he's not ready for real underwear, but it will be underwear to him. We are excitedly wondering, could this be toilet training, this early? We sure hope so.
The other big Saturday night news is that Max decided he liked zucchini tonight, grabbing it off of Shawn's plate with glee. I need to saute it in olive oil more often! This was a welcome change as he's become more picky about vegetables lately.
Right now he's crying in bed, and Shawn's in there trying to get him to sleep. His 2 year molars are still antagonizing him, and he's also very 2 with much willfulness and tantrums. He's growing and changing so fast. Just an inch shy of 3 feet, and a sturdy 31 pounds. Ah yes, a few other things of note: he's getting down how pedaling works on his trike, counting to 11, and yesterday he wowed me by "reading" the EXIT sign downstairs. Neither Shawn or I remember telling him what it said. He called out "Letter I". I asked him what the sign said and he replied "Hexit!". Stunned, I asked him what other letters he saw and he said "X and T". Wow! Maybe he'll be an early reader?!
Tomorrow is Father's Day and we'll likely saunter over to our local park for a little solstice potluck in the morning and take Shawn out for dinner in the evening, and let him slip away for a movie. We are hopeful that we are close to securing a regular babysitter, I miss dates with my husband!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment