Friday, May 29, 2009

Birthday Weekend, Take Two.

Max has been feeling better since Monday, so we decided to have his party this Saturday. Unfortunately, Shawn started feeling cruddy this morning. Feverish and achy. Sigh. He stayed home from work today and rested, but I'm not sure he'll make it tomorrow. Max and I had a very busy day starting out at the zoo in 70+ degree weather. Summer has arrived all of a sudden in Seattle. On the way home we picked up ingredients for his banana cake and he was kind to Shawn and I and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. After nap we zoomed over to Queen Anne to pick up party snacks at Trader Joe's and had a birthday dinner with our friends Julie, Jeffery, and Isabella. Bella and Max were born the same day, just 12 hours apart. We met Julie and Jeffery in our birth class and have become good friends. It was cute to see the kids exchange gifts and Max loved playing with all of Bella's toys. We arrived home to find Shawn really not doing well, I was hoping he'd be up to putting Max to bed but poor Shawn is still feverish and took some ibuprofen and retired to bed quickly. I managed to get Max's cake in the oven and get him down to sleep. Now I've just got to prep some cheese and fruit for tomorrow and whip up some frosting. This day seems like it just might not end.

We've just had a lot going on and I think it's caught up with Shawn. His Dad arrived last Thursday, and the next day Max woke up sick. It was really hard having a houseguest in our tiny place for several days when three nights in a row Max didn't sleep. Sunday night was the last straw when he was up from 11pm-3am. No one slept and thankfully Alicia and Loren agreed to host Tim on Monday, his last night in town. I wish we'd thought of asking them sooner! I think the stress of Max being sick and not getting any sleep and playing host to his Dad (all day at the folk life music festival on Saturday) has caught up with Shawn. I hope he can come hang out at Max's party (outdoors at a park) in the morning, I'd hate for him to miss the festivities. I'm really hoping our life settles down soon and that we're all feeling well for a good long while.

No comments: