Sunday, May 10, 2009

Max's first lie

Well, it happened, just shy of age two, Max told his first lie. Yesterday he helped me bake oatmeal raisin cookies and he was very excited about them. After dinner I was on the phone with my sister Ruth and Max told Shawn "Mamma said Max have cookie right now". Shawn came in to double check with me, and I certainly said no such thing! Max sure looked sheepish when we caught him in his little lie. We couldn't help but laugh, it was pretty cute. Maybe if I hadn't been on the phone he would have asked me if he could have a cookie.

My Mother's Day is off to a good start, it's 7:30 and both my boys are sleeping in, and baby is moving around while I enjoy a cup of tea. A little time to myself in the morning always makes for a better day. Not sure what our day holds today, looks like the sun is coming out so maybe we'll head up to the zoo or over to a playground, I really love watching Max run around, jumping and climbing. ...And there he is now, waking up... :)

2 comments:

Mars Girl said...

Uh-oh. This is the part of parenting that scares the be-jezuz out of me. When they get a mind of their own and start defying... good luck with that!

Susie said...

Max said Sarah going to send me cookies right now. : )