Saturday, September 24, 2011
Fall Cooking and Max
Fall has arrived in Seattle and I've been inspired to do lots of cooking. Big thanks to Shawn for watching the kids, and reading countless books to them for hours today so I could cook up some healthy organic fare for our family (veggie stew, pumpkin bread, salad). Max is struggling with some digestive issues in a big way. We hit the end of the road with our pediatrician, so he's seeing a naturopath now. We are using some vitamin c, fish oil, and magnesium supplements, but really focusing on his diet will help him a lot. I'm more mindful than ever now about lots of fiber in his and our diet, and a variety of fruit and veggies. Although he didn't eat the veggie stew I made tonight, at least he looked at it and didn't shove his bowl off the table. He did eat some cooked carrots and plenty of fresh fruit with his meal. I love this kid so much and I really want to help his body and mind be healthy. We recently discovered chia seeds, a great source of omega 3's and fiber, Max has been consuming them every day in smoothies. I'm hopeful within a few weeks things will be going smoother for him. We all love you, Max!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment