

I've had a cold for a week and a half, and unfortunately Max came down with his first cold of the season this morning. Too bad, he's not been quite himself today. And also too bad for Shawn and I, we had a dinner date planned at Brouwer's that we've postponed until next week. It's a great place to have dinner in the fall, lots of heavy belgian food, and over 50 beers on tap. We've been trying to have a date a week in an attempt to have some time together. It's getting easier with Max, though. Last night we watched the debate over at our neighbors. They cooked a wonderful meal and the boys (their son is 2 months older than Max) played well together throughout a good portion of the debate, I think I actually got to watch about half of it. Progress!
Max has been a joy lately, giving us lots of hugs and talking so much. New words this past week are: fish, teeth, shoes, feet, socks. I've been really enjoying this fall with him, we've spent a lot of time on walks, and at parks. Yesterday we took the bus down to the International District to run a couple of errands and then we bussed over to see Shawn's new office and go out to lunch, after that we had our first visit to the Children's Museum (nice, but not nearly as cool as the Portland Children's Museum). We were out for 5 hours and he didn't cry once, he's really growing up. Here are 2 photos from a trip we took to Discovery Park last month.

3 comments:
He's looking like such a big boy!!!
I just visited my friend Gwenn's daugher Margie last week. She doesn't have real words yet (she's starting that baby-babbling thing) and she can't walk, but she's definitely much less of a baby than she was when I last saw her in the early summer. And I was able to get her to giggle and smile by immitating things she was doing. I dont know if you're supposed to do that--if immitating them doesnt progress their development--but it was fun. I'm kind of awkward with kids so it was just enough to do SOMETHING that would make her react to me. I suppose I should have used real words instead of immitating her baby talk...
Babies like it when you imitate them. You did just fine :)
She was cute. Very funny. We both enjoyed slamming our hands on the table together. =)
Post a Comment