Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall fun at the zoo

Hmmm, maybe I alienated some readers by writing the other day about toilet training... won't post about that again :)

We had a great morning at the zoo with our friends. We got there just in time for the Pumpkin Bash. We watched hippos eating pumpkins, it was great fun. It was a wonderful fall day, beautiful weather and Max had a lovely time running all over the zoo grounds, it is one of his favorite things.

Yesterday was neat, too. I took him to the Ballard Locks. He loved watching all the boats, and he enjoyed looking at the fish ladder (salmon!). His favorite part of the morning was watching these guys welding and repairing part of the walk way, they had parked their little work scooters (kind of like golf carts) and they let Max sit on them and honk the horn. He was so excited, I loved seeing that big smile on his face. We'll be heading back there next week!

3 comments:

Rainy Day Gardener said...

hey..anyone with kids knows the importance of potty training..it's a BIG deal!! congrats on the first drop in the bucket ;)

Kilburn Family said...

Yeah, we are excited about it, he used the toilet last night, but not tonight... we're not going to push it much for now...just hoping he stays interested. I just thought of something...it's saturday night and we are talking about potty training, how times have changed!

Mars Girl said...

I dont have kids, but I realized the significance of the potty training event. I just had nothing useful or constructive to comment about... as I dont have kids... ;) But that's a good step for Max! Yay!! Let's all do the Big Boy Potty Dance!