
It's raining today, very typical for All Hallows Eve. We're having a fun day, though. This morning Shawn went into work late and he and Max got into their costumes. Max is a crocodile and Shawn is the narrator from Poe's "The Raven". I got some cute pictures which we'll post soon. I'm going as a witch (or, as myself before coffee. Ha ha). We walked out to the bus stop with Shawn and we had fun waving to each other across the street. Shawn headed for work downtown and we set out for the wonderful Firehouse Coffee shop in Ballard that boasts a nice playroom. Our friends Sara and Jasper met us there and when the kids needed a change of pace we went to the consignment shop down the street and the boys had fun playing at the train table. They had an even better time getting soaked and stomping in puddles as we waited for the bus. So much fun, that they both sacked out early when we got home. I think this will work to our advantage, Max and I have been invited to Shawn's office Halloween party this afternoon. I think we'll go to that, and then maybe join our friends for trick or treating at the shops in Ballard.
Here's a silly photo of Max tromping around the apartment in one of my shoes, and one of Shawn's.
I'm enjoying some quiet and tea while Max naps and baking up some squash for lunch and putting flannel sheets on our bed. The chilly weather is here! I love fall, even all the rain. Only a native Pacific Northwesterner would admit to loving the rain. Happy Haunting everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment