Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring is slowly arriving

Spring is slowly arriving in Seattle and Max and I have been enjoying meandering around the neighborhood after 5pm, soaking up some sunlight and admiring crocuses. He's been really into riding his bike lately, and he scours the sidewalks looking for good "downhills" (driveways) to careen down. When he's not riding, he hands me his bike to carry and tears off running. I'm getting my exercise keeping up with him. I'm hoping when I'm heavily pregnant this summer he won't go speeding away quite so fast.

I'm feeling pretty good, pregnancy wise. Shawn and I felt the little one move last Tuesday, how neat! So early to feel it at 12 weeks, but I'm hearing that everything happens faster in the second pregnancy. Hard to believe I'll hit 14 weeks on Sunday.

We're looking forward to seeing some of Shawn's family who are visiting from Santa Cruz this weekend, we're hoping to go the zoo with them. Max has been asking to ride the merry-go-round at the zoo with Shawn.

Tuesday I'm going to cook up 3 lbs. of corned beef on Tuesday for St. Patty's Day dinner. Yum. I'm all about food these days. In other food news, our favorite thai restaurant has started free delivery! I can't wait to get my favorite dishes delivered to my door. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

Mars Girl said...

Hmmmm... Someday I will surely be riding with Max on STP... ;) Maybe he'll become a cycling companion.

Alison said...

Wow, congratulations! I must have missed a big announcement earlier...