Friday, March 20, 2009

A visit to FAO Schwarz

Max and I bussed downtown to have coffee with my old boss, Rich this morning. To keep him happy during coffee, I told him we'd stop by a new toy store, and pick out a birthday present for his friend Jasper. He happily stomped in puddles on the way, and was delighted at the newish FAO Schwarz toy store in Macy's downtown. As I picked out Jasper's gift Rich watched Max for me, and they found a little station wagon that hooks on to an airstream trailer. Max played with it all the way home on the bus, and for an hour and a half after we got home. He was so busy playing with it that I had to feed him lunch (he normally prefers to feed himself). He held onto the trailer until he was fast asleep at naptime. Before dozing off he said "New trailer from nice toy store". It put a big smile on my face to see him so happy and concentrating so much on his new toy. We are looking forward to stopping by Jasper's this afternoon to bring him his birthday gift, and this evening we are off to an equinox party at a friends house. I love having so many friends in the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Mars Girl said...

Wow, in the days when the simple things made us happy... I miss those days!! How sweet!4ke