Saturday, April 16, 2011

April Happenings

For the past few weeks Max has consistently asked for a real coconut. He wanted to crack it open and drink the milk out with a straw. That's exactly what we did this morning. Hopefully I'll get photos up. We had such fun picking one out at the store and then coming home from a fun gymnastics class to open the coconut. Max stood eagerly on a chair next to Shawn while they worked on carving a hole in the top, Max got a pink (his favorite color) straw, and we all had a few delicious sips. Then our friends Vinnie and Hillary, who we don't see nearly often enough, came over for a lovely brunch. They brought fruit from the farmers market, and we had scrumptious bagels that Alice and Shawn went out and got this morning. We had a fun two hours of food and good conversation with the kids running all around.

We've had a really busy month with me working. Things have mostly been going well, but this week Max had a really hard time in the morning, really crying a lot and wanting me to come home. It's so hard to be at work and hear him crying on the phone, begging me to come home to him. Our sitter is really good and working through it with him kindly and patiently. I think in a week or two he'll be more settled down. The little guy has had me all to himself for almost 4 years and this is a big change for him that I'm gone four mornings a week.

I thought I'd jot down a few things from the month of April before it's completely whizzed by.

Max swam 2 strokes by himself in swim class last week!

Alice now says her name, "Als"

Shawn and I got out for a lovely dinner date at Oaxaca and a tasty dessert at a new place called Pie just down the hill last Saturday.

I had a whirlwind trip to portland and back on sunday for my friends baby shower and I was able to squeeze in coffee with my good longtime friend Jenni, and a bit of tea and chatting with friends Nick and Vicki before heading back to I-5.

Alice loves hummus so much she eats it out of a cup with a spoon almost every day for lunch.

Max REALLY wants this toy story 3 toy: buzz lightyear in a rocket that you shake and it scoots around. I bought it for him last week and I'm going to have such a hard time keeping it hidden until his birthday! Just this morning, as he knew we were going to Fred Meyer to get a coconut and new boots for him, he asked for this toy. Fred Meyer is where he first saw it and he is beside himself about how much wants this toy.

We've been enjoying neighborhood walks looking at tulips and daffodils. On Monday we spent almost 5 hours a the park and zoo. As Alice watched the gorillas she beat her chest and said "aaaahhaaaahh --gagillas!". They looked at each other and then back at her :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can Max be having another birthday already!? The years go by so fast! (There's an "old" comment for you!)