Alice is taking her first nap in three days. The poor girl is teething hard and also really trying to figure out language and her verbal skills. Yesterday she talked to herself in her crib for two hours!! The kids have been so energetic and nonstop that I just made our second pot of coffee today. They were both up at 6am so after breakfast at 7 we set off for the zoo at 9 and waited a few minutes for it to open. The kids didn't mind the rain and romped around in the zoomasium. Little daredevil Alice likes to zoom down the slide on her stomach. We wandered through the tropical rainforest, ate a huge snack in the cafeteria and spent a long time outside and max showed shawn how he's mastered climbing a big rope spiderweb. Alice splashed through the mud puddles and ran all around. We got home at noon but it felt like we'd been out all day. I finally got Alice to sleep and made a nice lunch for shawn and I. Now i am starting in on making dinner for friends who have a three week old baby.
Max started a gymnastics class yesterday and had a splendid time, his eyes were bright with excitement. Alice was sad she couldn't participate in thus class. Next time she can take one, we just can't afford to enroll both of them at the same time. We are all adjusting to me working part time. I really am enjoying the change of pace, and still having lots of time at home with the kids. I love having Fridays off, the kids and I spent a long time at a playground with friends.
In two weeks I'll be taking an overnight solo trip to Portland! I'm looking forward to dinner with a friend on my drive down and an old friends baby shower. Hopefully shawn will take a trip by himself the following weekend.
I'm enjoying looking at the blossoms on the trees outside our living room window and watching shawn and max enjoy a samari cartoon that they picked up at the library yesterday. My two boys head to the library together every weekend and max looks forward to it all week.
A few notes about Alice:
She loves hummus and eats huge portions of it.
At the end of a meal she enjoys putting her bowl on her head like a hat.
She likes to say "hi".
She loves all trucks, and all books about trucks
Max :
Loves making up superhero games, assigning each family member a character and role to play.
He is totally into the here comes science TMBG album and watches the DVD of videos daily. His favorite song is The Bloodmobile.
He now prefers plain yogurt with fruit over sweetened yogurt. Hooray!.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment