I haven't done any photography in years. At least 5 years. I have my dad's old Yohika D 120mm portrait camera from the 1930's in a closet. Languishing. Negatives with images of my Dad's mom from the early 1960's in the case. I'd like to print some of those old photos. I'm thinking though, of dressing the kids up in something stylish (not sure what) and photographing them at the beautiful and nearby fremont peak park. then printing the negatives myself in a darkroom. We don't have any framed photos of them up, and I'd like to do something really unique as a keepsake. Now I guess I need to order some old film online as I don't know if you can even purchase 120mm film in stores anymore.
In other notes, we had a fun weekend. Shawn and Max bought a new computer, we had friends over for brunch, we had a bbq at my brother's house, we played at the park, and Max and I had some special time just the two of us shopping and going to his gymnastics class. We've got a busy week ahead. Max's last swim class is tomorrow night. We'll be babysitting for a friend tonight and Wednesday night, seeing old friends and going to the queen anne farmer's market thursday evening, and friday having friends over for dinner. Phew!
Work has been super busy but it's going well. Shawn just finished a huge project, and we'll be taking a weekend later this month for a much needed trip to Portland. We don't get out of dodge as often as we should.
Alice is cutting her 2 year molars and talking up a storm. Max is getting better at writing his name and is keeping us all busy with his elaborate imaginary super hero games :)
Monday, June 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment