I turned the big 34 today. I am feeling old. I guess it's that I can't say I'm in my early 30's anymore. Really, it's not bothering me that much. I've had a lovely birthday.
Last night we had a great dinner at Tawon Thai with Katherine, Alicia, Loren, and Isobel who is visiting from Santa Cruz. The food was delicious as usual and Max was extremely well behaved. He ate the whole time we were eating, downing amazing amounts of brown rice mixed with peanut sauce. Katherine gave me a really neat looking cookbook, all recipes are 5 ingredients or less, this will be really helpful during this busy time of trying to cook with Max underfoot! She also gave me a very cool calendar, all the pictures are neat things such as boats and airplanes made out of food. Perfect for where we hang a calendar in the kitchen. Alicia, Loren, and Isobel gave me a gift certificate to Fremont Place Books, I'm looking forward to picking some stuff out!
This morning was special, Alicia and Isobel took Max to the zoo and I enjoyed a brunch by myself at the Hi-Life in Ballard. I had an hour to read the paper, drink coffee, and linger over my food. Precious. This afternoon Max and I hung out with our neighbors, Max loves spending time at Jasper's and I love visiting with Sara and holding little baby Gideon. Shawn stopped by on his way home from work and we all walked home together, then he cooked up a really nice pasta sauce with egg noodles and my favorite rosemary bread, and there is strawberry rhubarb pie in the fridge for dessert.... Mmmmm.
I've also enjoyed several emails and cards from friends today as well as some nice gifts. It's the nicest birthday I've had in several years.
Sidenote: Max got his first haircut 2 days ago! Pictures to follow soon.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sarah! And you can still say you are in your early 30s! The cut-off to mid-thirties is 35. ;) So you have another year!!
Hmmm... rosemary bread... I love rosemary... do you guys have a recipe for that which you can share?
Happy Birthday! I just turned 34 about a month-and-a-half ago, and it was a tougher one, but it's alright! :-)
You forgot to mention that Max got serenaded by a 2.5 year-old girl at your birthday dinner!
Oh yeah, happy unbirthday!
I'm so pleased you had a nice birthday! Cheers to you!!
Post a Comment