Friday, January 2, 2009

Sleep Challenges

Max is changing a lot right now. His verbal and motor skills are taking off with gusto. I think this has led to his sleep problems (and ours!). Two days this week he didn't nap, and tonight he won't go to sleep....his usual routines aren't working anymore and we're left perplexed as to what to do. Any advice from other parents among my readers?

He's still nursing to sleep, and this may be part of the problem. He wants to stay awake, and suckle and cuddle, even when he is done eating. Yesterday we introduced a warm cup of cow's milk, which he will take during the day but has refused last night and tonight. Shawn's reading to him now in his new comfy easy chair, I'm not sure what to do next. I guess we need to come up with a new bedtime routine.

For now I'll blog and self medicate with chocolate almond toffee.

1 comment:

Rainy Day Gardener said...

We have issues with our kids too when they go thru developmental changes. All I can suggest is to keep your night-time routine consistent as well as the time. When Rusty goes thru a battling bedtime stage, we let him have bath-time every night before we start our bedtime routine..I think it helps him wind down a bit more. I hope you guys find your solution...it's hard on us parents when kids aren't sleeping!!