When Max's sleep works, I take it for granted. When it doesn't, it's all I think about. Yesterday something magical happened and he took a nice nap. Maybe it was cousin Isobel being here and playing with him all morning. He napped so long that we didn't have time to make it to the zoo. Sorry, Isobel! We did get to enjoy some chocolate and an episode and a half of "Flight of the Conchords" during his slumber. This was his first nap in a week, so I was really thankful. This morning he was awake wanting to have milk and snuggle from 5-6, so it's just past 8 and he's still snoozing, I'm enjoying some coffee and quiet. Always a good way to start my day!
It's very blustery and rainy this morning, and we need to make our monthly errand down to the International District to drop off the apartment rents. I'm hoping Alicia and Isobel will want to join us for this quick errand and while we are down there we can load up on some groceries at the lovely Uwajimaya Asian grocery, and maybe hit the Aquarium or Pacific Science Center. I realized this morning that we would have had time to do that yesterday afternoon (they are open an hour later than the zoo) if I'd been thinking clearly. Both Max and Isobel love the science center, and Alicia told us yesterday about some human sized hamster wheel there. Sounds worth checking out! And a trip to the science center means meeting Shawn for lunch, always a plus :)
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My kids are napping, finally, right now....ahhhh, a hour (or two if I'm lucky) of peace! I'm with you, if they are cooperating with me, I never give it a second thought..but when they don't, it's all I think about. Currently, Rusty is not being cooperative with potting training and it's testing me..to say the least.
This whole Mother-hood thing (as I lovingly call it ;) has really stretched me farther than probably any experience I've had in my life so far. It's really amazing when you think about it. The growth we make as Mom's, the art of teaching our little ones, giving them new experiences, managing the stress when they cooperate on their own timeframe. Sometimes I feel like all these experiences should make me qualified for some executive level job when the kids are older...haha! I hope you enjoy your day and make all your stops, and have a ton of fun along the way!
Post a Comment