Our neighborhood is rapidly changing, beautiful old houses are being torn down to make way for boring townhouses, and recently a charming old apartment building was converted to condos. We've been watching and listening to the construction for months. The other day Max and I were on our way to our friend Jasper's house and noticed a sign out for an open house in the building. I also spotted caterers carrying in tasty looking morsels. Our friends live directly across the street from this building, so we decided to take our two 1 year old boys and crash the open house.
These 1 bedroom condos are 355-395k, well out of both our families price ranges (not that we're even considering purchasing a home at this time). Sauntering in with Max on my hip and my substantially pregnant friend with her 1 year old son, we obviously were not in the market for one of these condos. We oooed and aaahed at the slab granite counter tops and the restored crown molding and the sales representative told us we could go upstairs to one of the empty units and look around. The boys had the best time tearing around an empty condo chasing each other around, we enjoyed watching all the upscale urbanites rushing around setting the stage trying to sell these condos in a bad market, and we loaded up on free swanky appetizers. Fremont is going upscale!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Holy tomatoes that's expensive! If you lived out here in Ohio, you could get a four bedroom house like I have for only 160K. =)
Hell, I didnt pay as much as 355K for my house in Colorado... that house was about the same size as the house I have now (and nicer, actually) and it was 216K.
Ikes!
Post a Comment