Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adventures


This photo is from the indoor play area at the zoo, one of our favorite haunts. We are lucky to have such a great photographer, Sara, for a friend. (Shawn just reminded me that he took this lovely photo...sorry, Shawn!) I'm notorious for forgetting the camera. Pretty funny, since I'm a former photographer... well, I should say dormant photographer. Sometimes I daydream about teaching a darkroom class at the little black and white darkroom down the hill. Ah, chemicals... I can't help it, I love the toxic smell of developer.

Max is just overflowing with energy. This morning we left for the bus before 9. We went into Ballard and took two busses to the Loyal Heights Community Center... to convince Max to stay patient on the bus I promised him a treat at the Norwegian bakery, Larson's. We picked up a little not-to0-sweet egg roll and he happily devoured it as we walked to our destination. He enjoyed the train table, and an hour in the gym riding bikes. He seemed to tire on our 30 minute bus ride home, but once he'd refueled with lunch he was ready to go again.

He rode his bike all the way to the coffee shop and actually sat and played Connect Four while I had a latte and we shared banana bread. Then we ventured outside into the brief, bright afternoon sun. He impressed an audience of 3 guys sitting around, and he admired a parked motorcycle. Max always wants to be on the go, I'm convinced that if he could physically go without napping he would. He fought off sleeping until 3:30 today... it's a challenge to keep up with him. The payoffs are the sweet moments, such as today in the coffeeshop. I love these days of watching him learn and play.

No comments: