It's been a long week for our family, Shawn's trying to kick the crud that he's had for 2 weeks, and Max has taken to short, early naps and crying for "nigh nigh" at 6:30. He's been sacking out early and getting up early, this makes for long days. Not that I'm really complaining. He's a delight and our days are mostly fun. We are excited today is Shawn's last work late day for a few months. Max misses him when he doesn't see his dad until 7pm on Fridays.
We had a pretty good morning. Our usual hour long bike ride/coffee shop outing, then a grocery run to our quirky little market where we were lucky to run into our new friends G and 2 year old daughter, W. We went to their house for a play date and enjoyed new toys and delicious carrot raisin muffins. Max delighted in W's bike on rockers (like a rocking horse, but way cooler), and I had fun getting to know G and her husband J. They are both musicians, always fun to get to know more neighborhood folks.
Max and I have been all over Seattle this week, with trips to the Zoo, Children's Museum and lunch w/ Shawn at Seattle Center, Firehouse Coffee in Ballard, and trying out a free class at Gymboree. Max loved it so much that we may pony up the $280 for 3 months of once a week classes. Spendy!!!
We are looking forward to a mellow weekend. At the moment I can't think of anything we have planned for tomorrow. Sunday we're doing dinner over at Fred and Sara's with Alicia and Loren, should be lots of fun! Monday is Max's 1 1/2 year old check-up, with shots...poor guy....
Hard to believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away. We'll be having dinner with F&S and then driving to Portland the day after for Linsel's lovely Thanksgotten dinner. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Two nights in Portland will be fun, I've overdue for a trip to my favorite city.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow?! Why does Shawn get all that time off? I hope it's paid. If it is, I'm thoroughly and uttery jealous. How I'd love to take a couple months off!!
He gets the week between Xmas and New Years off with pay just as a perk :)
Nice small company, although one non-perk of a small company is paying $700 a month for me and Max to be on the health insurance plan. They don't pay any of the premium for dependents. For Thanksgiving he gets the standard Tday and day after off w/ pay.
Ah, I see, I think you misread it, it's his last work late day for a few months...he's been working late on Fridays for the last while.
Ahhh... oops. But I sure wish I could get a week off. They ding my PTO for the holidays and any extra time I take. So, I get 25 PTO days a year, but 5 of those are already taken by company holidays such as Christmas, New YEar's, Thanksgiving... That kind of sucks. I am not taking the day after Thanksgiving off to save my PTO so that I can take a longer trip later. I am, however, taking the day after Christmas and the day after New Year's.
Hi S,
Love to hear about your doings with Max. Hope Alex was good, we saw him in London and had fun. Oslo is cold cold. No news, in other words.
: )
Love
S
Post a Comment