Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Giving up napping?
Max didn't nap today. And it wasn't for lack of trying on our part. We had a lunchtime outing and met Uncle Pete and hung out and played on a train table. He feigned sleep for 10 minutes and woke up ready to go when I attempted to put him in his crib. Shawn walked around the neighborhood with him for an hour while I escaped for some solace and a latte at the local coffee shop. I'm really hoping he is not giving up napping at the tender age of 1 and a half. His naps are what keep me sane. I really need the daily 2 hour break. Thankfully Shawn is playing with him in his room right now with the door closed while I veg out and waste time on Facebook. Yesterday and the day before walking around with Max in the stroller got him to sleep. No-Max-Nap is big news in our little world. Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Too bad the young dont understand the value of a good nap! We avoid them at all costs in childhood, and then long for them in adulthood. What the heck happens? Can they bottle the energy of youth; I could use it about now!
I'm trying to figure out a way to bottle and sell it... a tonic mixed with coffee perhaps?
Somehow children do it without coffee. It's like a miracle or something... There's no telling how much I could accomplish if I had the energy of a two year old!
I hope Max is just going thru a little fluke..I'm with ya...naptime keeps me sane too!
He is not napping again today. Shoot me now.
Post a Comment