Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Colds. Again.

We are getting our share of colds this season. Max and I came down with colds and coughs a few days ago. The poor kid is waking himself up often by coughing. A pillow in his crib is helping, but he's not himself. It's noon and we haven't left the house today...we are always out the door by 9AM...it's been months since we've stayed inside most of the day. I'm hoping he feels better soon so we can get back to playing with friends. And hopefully Max will learn how to blow his nose pretty soon...he's tired of me following him around with a kleenex.

Our Thanksgiving dinner with Fred and Sara and friends was delish, Fred is an amazing cook. He sent the turkey drumsticks, wings, and carcass home with us and I made a great stew last night. Our trip to Portland was ok, Max didn't nap or sleep well, so that made things a little hard, and he woke up sick Sunday morning so we came home early. Shawn will take the train down next weekend for a wedding reception, I've decided to keep Max home for the weekend, we'll try travelling with him again in 3 months, maybe then he'll sleep and not be compulsively putting cat food in water.

2 comments:

Sara Jean said...

Sarah, we missed you and Max this morning. Get better soon!!!

Geri said...

Ah, yes cold season. It's a bummer. There are several things you can do to help shorten colds. Besides vitamin C, zinc, and chicken soup, there's also ginger, garlic, and wet socks (I know the wet socks sounds stupid, but they work). You can visit my blog if you're interested.

Hope you recover soon.

Wishing you good health.

Geri