Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowpocalypse 2008 and a Cookie Party



Here's Max with his Godparents, Alicia and Loren. He's frosting cookies for the first time! He also had his first cookie (unfrosted sugar cookie) on Saturday during the cookie party and really liked it, but walked away after 2 bites. I'm happy he didn't eat the whole thing and beg for more. We had a really fun cookie party this year, smaller than usual, but it was great, Max and his best friend Jasper got to run around and have lots of space to play and Alicia and Loren got to visit with our good friends and neighbors, The Egberts. I baked up chocolate moose cookies(Thanks, Katherine!), and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Sara made amazing sugar cookies, they have a shortbread consistency and almond extract in them...I just ate one and I'm relishing the aftertaste. She brought yummy frosting and taught me how to make homemade sprinkles. Fun! Alicia brought some tasty snickerdoodles. We had hot apple cider and other snacks and it was a fun evening. Max missed his Aunt Katherine who didn't make it due to the crazy weather.

We've got what seems like a foot of snow. This was the first day in about 4 days that it hasn't snowed. We were all going a little stir crazy this morning so Shawn ventured to work and Max and I went out on the bus with some friends to a local shopping center (cool, refurbished old school house that is now shops) to play on the train table, we had a fun morning and it was so good to get out. We've been faring well in the snow, spending a lot of time with our neighbors, and relaxing. Max got in his first sledding trip which he really enjoyed. Here he is with his friend Jasper and Jasper's dad, Rob.

I'm off to watch a movie with Shawn and finish the second of two sock monkeys I'm making as Christmas gifts. Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Mars Girl said...

I bet he'd eat a whole PUMPKIN cookie!! ;)

Btw, I've noticed in my interaction with men, that most of them seem to like salty things over sugary things for the most part (ie, they prefer to eat chips over coookies)...

Kilburn Family said...

Shawn is the exception to this, he'd rather eat sweets all day long. Me, I'm the potato chip junkie. When we go out he orders the cosmo and I order the dark beer ;)

Mars Girl said...

I've started to like dark beer now. My gateway stout was Great Lakes Brewery's Blackout Stout, which is seasonal so I can't get it right now. Hmmmm... it's soooooOOOo good though. It's the beer that I got blitzed on the day before my birthday when I was matching drinks with my dad (BAD IDEA).

Anyway, I love fries... and salt & vinegar potato chips... but I guess given the choice between salty and, say, a piece of fudge or a pumpkin pie, I'm totally going for the sugar.

Frank L said...

Wow! Hope you're enjoying all the snow. Too bad Alison's missing it!