Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trains and Snow


This was an exciting week for Max, lots of time playing with trains, and a little time playing in the snow. Here he is on Friday with his best buddy Jasper playing on the train table (that's right, sitting up on the table!) in the playroom of a coffee shop. Jasper's Mom takes the best photos of these two boys. I'm so happy that Max has a best friend already. He is so happy when he gets to spend time with Jasper.

He awoke to snow this morning and stood for a long time at the window looking out. When we finally did go outside he wasn't sure at first, he didn't like how wet and cold it was on his face, so he stopped playing in the snow and took to running through it. I got a few photos which I'll post soon.

We had a good Mom and Max weekend while Shawn was in Portland, but we are sure glad he's home! Max didn't nap today, which was a little challenging. We had a fun day though, we walked to our local coffeeshop this morning with friends, and Max happily played with water and tupperware in the kitchen sink while I made soup and cornbread. We had a nice dinner with Katherine, Alicia, and Loren. Loren and I hatched out a plan to rearrange Max's bedroom....I think we just might be able to fit a train table in there! On Friday a 100 piece wooden train set showed up, delivered by UPS. No note or receipt, truly a gift from Santa!

1 comment:

Sara Jean said...

I'm so happy that Jasper and Max are best buds too. They play so well together. Max is sure cute about choo choo trains.