Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow?

So, according to the Seattle Times (Seattle's "crusty" newspaper that I for some unknown reason compulsively read online) is predicting a big cold snap this weekend, with the coldest temperatures since 1990, and snow starting tomorrow afternoon. I've never seen more than a few inches in the city during my four and a half years here, so I guess I'm skeptical that we are really going to get dumped on. I am glad that we aren't driving a rental car down to Portland with Max Saturday morning (Sorry, Kiyo and Jenna!). Shawn's going by himself on the train tomorrow evening for 2 nights and will attend the wedding reception of good friends. I'm glad he won't be on the roads, and hope the weather won't affect the rails. I think the time away will be good for him, although Max and I will certainly miss him. Max may not see him in the morning. It took Max until 10:45 tonight to fall asleep. He's usually snoozing by 8:30. Shawn worked his magic holding him and singing to him until he let his heavy eyes close.

I'm also glad I'm staying home because I finally went to the doctor today and I have an ear and sinus infection. I reluctantly started antibiotics today, and I'm looking forward to an acupuncture treatment tomorrow (and 2 hours of kid-free time). I am a big wimp about travelling when I'm sick, especially when that involves wrangling a 1 year old 3 1/2 hours one way in transit.

Back to the weather, the predicted high for Sunday is only 29 degrees, and the low 17. This is big news for us. Max has never experienced such cold. I think we'll be spending a lot of time indoors visiting various train tables around North Seattle. Trains are his new obsession, tonight he was crying when we stopped reading to him. He wanted to stay awake and read about "choo choos".

3 comments:

shannon said...

i have my doubts about the being dumped on, too. we're getting the same reports down here. lots of snow this weekend, lots.

we'll just have to wait and see if it happens.

Mars Girl said...

But snow is good. Snow = skiing!!! ;)

Unknown said...

I guess a love of trains runs in the family!